Axian and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Axian, Inc. (“Axian”) has been accelerating digital transformation for three decades, and with AWS we’ve extended that capability. We are expert at building from scratch or modernizing custom applications, data and code pipelines, and designing intuitive user experiences. Our teams of Designers, Architects, and Senior Engineers provide expertise and solutions (microservice architectures, cloud platform migrations, CI/CD, AI/ML).
Our clients range from global enterprises to educational and mid-market organizations. We have a long track record of successfully delivering the right solutions leveraging the right AWS technology.
Practice Areas & Key Verticals
• Strategy and Ideation
• Custom Application Development
• Data Engineering and Reporting (AI/ML)
• Application Modernization and Optimization for AWS Cloud Migrations
• Migrating on premise tools to AWS Managed Technology
• DevOps implementation and Design
• Retail, Finance, Healthcare, Education and High-Tech Expertise
What Makes Us Different
Experience – Laser focused on AWS
• High touch, consultative approach to Architecture & Technical Design focused on practical solutions customized to each Client’s specific needs, existing internal skills, and/or the ability to recruit staff to extend, support, and maintain
• Deep Experience running Discovery & Requirements Gathering Workshops to derive true requirements and filter out noise/buzz words.
• Hands-On Technical Leadership that understands both the AWS Architecture & Pricing models to facilitate all levels of Client discussion
• Extensive bench of AWS experienced and certified Architects and Developers able to build Custom Software & Data Engineering solutions using AWS
• AWS approach to Data Engineering focused on streamlined and highly efficient architectures utilizing both Streaming & Batch data supporting Real-Time replication of data
• Flexible architecture approaches supporting traditional Data Warehouses using AWS Glue & AWS Redshift as well as Data Lake & Lakehouse utilizing Kinesis, SNS/SQS messaging queue, S3, Lambdas, and Glue Crawlers to configure a full architecture with scalability & flexibility
• Average of 7 years AWS experience among staff
• Traditional DevOps, including CI/CD pipelines
• Containers – K8S & Docker on ECS
• Breadth and depth for any phase of the modernization journey – Strong focus helping companies rearchitect their solutions
• Proven success managing and securing hundreds of complex hybrid AWS environments
• Serverless – Architecting on Serverless & building microservices with Lambda
• Traditional AWS Well-Architected Review (WAR)
• Ability to successfully operationalize solutions in collaboration with cross-functional leadership teams based on Well-Architected best practices and recommendations
• Average staff tenure is over 5 years, so client context is not lost between engagements. Axian maintains continuity so the client’s investment goes to architecting and developing, not re-learning environments.
• Highly qualified development teams with an average of 15+ years building software and data infrastructure.
Data is the new currency
• Architect & Design your AWS Data Warehouse, Data Lake, or Data structures in ways that aligns to your business strategies & roadmaps.
• Wield cutting-edge capabilities in Machine Learning, High Availability,
• Scale, Containerization, Data Lake/Warehousing
• Take your existing data and teach it to learn from itself with AI/Machine Learning that can train models allowing you to fully leverage predictive analytics.
• Authoring data pipelines to curate and consolidate data into accessible data stores.
Implementing systems to help power users explore and interact with data related/restricted to their role/function.
• Implementing systems to help power users explore and interact with data related/restricted to their role/function.
A sample of clients we have helped with AWS
Solutions Sweet Spot
AWS Cloud Architectures & Migration
• Strong expertise leading a variety of successful migrations to AWS technologies and workloads; Hybrid architectures; custom application optimization and migration to AWS.
• End to end modernization services including Cloud Native Application Development, DevOps Process Transformation, Infrastructure as Code.
• Strong Expertise with a variety of DevOps tools and technologies; Automation, configuration management, continuous deployment technologies; Monitoring and management; Datacenter migrations to AWS.
• We implement robust security first strategies to optimize cloud usage, align business objectives, and develop blueprints for continued modernization.
Cloud Native Application Development
• Deep experience developing successful greenfield projects and modernizing existing applications as secure, performant solutions that scale easily and optimize quickly when business requirements change. IoT, AI/ML; Mobile/Web.