Data Engineering Technical Lead
Axian, Inc., a software consulting and engineering firm in Beaverton, OR, is seeking a Data Engineering Tech Lead. In this highly visible role, you will serve as the technical expert responsible for design and implementation of BI, Analytics, & Big Data solutions providing high-value, timely analytics and data solutions to customers. You will be responsible for verifying requirements, defining architecture, developing an implementation plan, providing thought leadership for all data solutions, including designing data solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations.
You will also provide direction to developers overseeing the development, unit testing and documentation for the developed solution and develop strong customer relationships for ongoing business. For success in this role, you will be experienced with the Cloud-based Data Solution Architectures, Software Development Life Cycle (including both Agile & Waterfall), Data Engineering and ETL tools/platforms, and data modeling practices.
- 7+ years Data Warehouse/Data Lake Architecture and Development
- 5+ years Data Modeling & Architecture
- Experience on Cloud Solutions (both AWS & Azure)
- ETL/ELT Pipelines
- Non-Relational Database experience (Document DB, Graph DB, etc.)
- AI/ML experience (Jupiter&/Python)
- API/Embedded experience
- Expertise in SQL, Python & Scala
- Data prep
- Experience leading a technical team
- Moderate experience with client engagement & aligning others to your ideas/solutions
- Ability to clarify/translate customer requirements into Epics/Stories & remove ambiguity
- Ability to mentor other DE team members
- Ability to present to groups of mixed technical ability
- Participate in & facilitate interviews of future DE teammates
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years consulting or IS consulting experience
- Understanding of core business intelligence (BI)/data warehousing technology: RDBMS, Web, Client/ Server, and OLAP Skills
Limited local travel between Portland Metro clients is expected for this position.
Axian provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.